Monday, November 9, 2009

The little things in life


Figured I'd go with a stream of consciousness blog today since I haven't been feeling well.  I've tried to watch like three movies in the past few days in order to review them, but always managed to fall asleep halfway through...so maybe one day, but for now, you'll get me: hopped up on Dayquil, Cherry Pepsi and bright outlook on life.  If positivity is not your gig, I suggest exiting stage left because this entry is gonna be about all the little things in life that make me happy to be here on this wacked out planet.

*Eating peanuts and getting an elusive shell that contains three peanuts instead of two.  This is like, the eating equivalent of winning a $10 scratch off ticket.  It's a welcome surprise, not life changing, but still pretty sweet.

*Pabst Blue Ribbon in a can.  Ain't nothing sweet, babay.  I'm not much of a drinker really...not as much as I was at one time...but then there was also a time when I saw straight-edge...and another time when I was into hardcore drugs...so who knows with me....but when I do drink, nothing but PBR will suffice.

*Hearing a song for the first time and getting goosebumps.  Everyday I try to discover new music.  Everyday I usually succeed at finding an awesome tune that just hits the right note with me.  Call me crazy, but music is therapy for me, and speaks right to my soul. 

*Waking up in the morning.  That's enough for me these days.  Some days I used to dread my daily routine, hated a lot of things: myself, other people, blah blah.  Since becoming more enlightened through some of the readings and studying I have done, nothing makes me happier than waking up, looking out the window and seeing the sun.

*When two things synch up absolutely perfectly.  Ever watch a movie trailer and the music in the background just melts your fuckin' face off, and gets you so pumped to see it? The perfect synergy of sight and sound...I get off on that.

*Getting around really far when your gas tank is on "E".  Don't totally believe in God, but sometimes I wonder how I managed to make some 25 mile round trips with basically a thimble full of gasoline in the tank.  Basically whenever I can make nothing somehow turn into something, I feel a great sense of accomplishment.  I have become somewhat of a master at that, to be honest.

*Giving it my all every single time I do something.  The "X's" on my wrist used to mean something totally different...now, they represent my mindstate: All or Nothing.  X, in algebra can be an infinite amount of things...but also to X something out, can make it nothing at all.  That is how you should approach your life:  all the way, or don't fuckin' bother.

*"The Office".  Is it just me, or the more absurd the characters become, the more they become characature's of themselves and the situations become less realistic, the better the show has become?  They have pushed Dwight and Andy so far over the edge into absolutely insane territory and they are funnier than ever.

*The way young kids interpret things.  Makes me smile every time I get my little brother or sister's take on a situation they have no understanding of.  Takes me back to my youth, and makes me appreciate it more.

*Positivity.  Be amazed at how much better your life is when you just...be happy, regardless of what the fuck is going on.  You be happy, can't nobody stop you.  Life is what you make it...so make it good!

1 comment: